Saturday, February 25, 2012

Strawberry Cheesecake...sort of

So the hubby and daughter are out for the night on their "date" and after a good dinner of black beans and rice (see the post before this) mommy wants dessert! No problem, right? WRONG! For Lent I decided to give up junk food. Candy bars, ice cream, etc. I have always been a comfort junk food junkie eater but since I need to lose almost 100 pounds I knew that since I was feeling addicted if you will to junk food and relying less on God I knew it was something God was calling me to do. In doing that I knew that if I was going to be cooking or baking to be very careful of the amount of sugar and fat that I used. So I knew if I was going to have something I had to be good! I'm not going to break my promise to myself, let alone God and I knew that God gave me the gift of figuring out what goes with what when it came to food so I decided to trust that. The result? A healthy HEAVENLY dessert that I am so happy about!!!

6 large strawberries hulled
1 ounce cream cheese (I buy the once ounce single serving packets in bulk so I didn't have to worry about measuring)
1 tsp sugar

Whip the cream cheese and sugar together with a fork until light (just a couple of minutes since it's such a small amount but you will see it get a bit fluffier). With your fork gently cram (don't ask me how you gently cram, just do it!) the cream cheese mixture into each strawberry. You should have just enough for all 6. If you don't want to try and stuff them you can slice your berries in half and spread the mixture on it.


Result? Yummines!
Calories: 135
Fat: 7g
Cholesterol: 20mg
Sodium: 117mg
Total Carbs: 16-17g (varies on the actual size of the berries)
Fiber: 3g
Sugars: 12.4
Protein: 2g

No comments:

Post a Comment